BMW 116i was launched on 2011 at the price of $ 37,300. It is such a golf-class car with a brilliant chassis, which is able to generate more power than the offer. This car is featured with the twin turbochargers, which may prevent you to have any lag when you need extra power from this little machine.
As the test record, BMW 116i may reach 62mph in10.8 seconds, and the top speed at 125mph. Then, with the control of its active braking cruise, 116i can be relied upon to keep the car at the selected speed, though on the downhill runs.
BMW 116i Driving Modes System
BMW 116i has three variable drive systems; sport, comfort, and Eco Pro. Activating Eco Pro mode saves your fuel consumption, by giving some extra kilometers. But, to bring the car on the most alive drive, sport mode is the choice. Generally, the sport mode enables the car to be more responsive. The four-cylinder engine of twin turbocharges produces 100kW and 220Nm of torque, the latter from a low 1350 revs. The twin-scroll with the forced-induction system, finally results the sprint from 0-100km/h in 8.7 seconds. This powerful version for the same engine is also available in 118i, but needs extra cost.
Read also: BMW 1M Coupe: 2011 Car of The Year
BMW 116i length is 85mm longer than the previous generation, then; the hatch is also more difficult to get in and out of. However, there are more advantages of this BMW’s miniseries. In brief, here are some specifications of BMW 116i:
- Standard features of a 6.5-inch computer screen and hands-free Bluetooth including USB interface.
- 6-speaker stereo system and iDrive controller.
- Cruise control with brake function, auto Start/Stop function, Driving Control with Eco Pro mode, and keyless engine start.
- 6-litre turbo 4-cylinder petrol results 100kW and 220Nm of torque, the latter from a low 1350 revs.
- 8-speed sports automatic and rear wheel drive.